Sunday, September 17, 2006

A new beginning?

"I used to be so full of my confidence,
I used to know just what I wanted and just where to go..."

Red Hot Chili Peppers, "Hey"

So, a bunch of things are happening at work. Let's just say that I'm really starting to find out that this isn't where I want to be, for a variety of reasons. But at the same time, if I wanted to leave my job, I'd most likely have to take a pay cut. It is extremely possible that we won't find a spot in day care for the little guy, and my wife may need to take extra unpaid leave, so the possibility of taking a job with less pay, even if it's in a better environment, doesn't strike me at the greatest option at this point. However, my colleagues are dropping like flies, and I don't want to be next, and people are starting to hand in their resignations en masse. On the bright side, I could probably move up pretty quickly because there'd be no one left, but then again, what's the point of being the King if all you end up ruling is a scorched pile of shit?

So, long story short, I have until Wednesday end of day to hand in my resume for a job posting that seems like it could be interesting. It's a step down in the hierarchy, but it would be a good learning experience and set me up for a possibility of taking one step back to move two steps ahead. Besides, even if I end up being offered a job, I don't need to accept it.

I'll likely end up applying, while giving myself the leeway to refuse the job if things improve at the office. The next few weeks will give me a lot of the information I need in order to decide whether I will leave or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home