Tuesday, August 29, 2006

And I wait....

My project proposal at work still hasn't gone through. I've been waiting news since Monday. I know it's only two days, but it's a lot of time for someone that's as bogged down as I am. It doesn't shock me that word is coming back late, but it is bothersome that I had to bust my tail last week to get things done on top of everything else I had to do, and it's being kicked around the office.

Interesting point: senior management's response to my initial proposal was that my numbers had dropped by 13%. However, once you factor in that we've had to farm out some work and our billing rates changed, making some of our services cheaper, we have a real increase in workload of 6.5%. But no one bothered to figure that out.

I took an Internet course on crisis management yesterday. One of the lessons taught was to be prepared for any eventuality. For example, when determining possible crisis situations, if someone at the table says "that couldn't happen here", it usually means that it's something you should prepare for.

So if the response I get from the worst-case scenario in my project proposal is "that couldn't happen here", I'll know I'm onto something. ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home